ATC Speaker Tests - Hi-Fi Stereo & Home Cinema forums | ATC Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATC Speaker Tests

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ATC Speaker Tests

    I think we should save some tests of ATC Speakers.
    Let‘s begin with some german tests.😉
    https://www.fairaudio.de/test/atc-sc...vlautsprecher/
    https://www.lowbeats.de/test-atc-scm...er-als-passiv/
    And an old one, because this is exactly the speaker I use😍
    http://studio-hifi.com/images/Stereo...L_TowerFF-.pdf
    At the end a collection of tests from ATC components
    http://www.audiostereo.ro/ATC_reviews.html
    Hope your having fun with the tests of the best audio components in the world.😁



  • #2
    fr.jazbec this is fantastic, thanks for sharing.

    I'm definitely going to look at the links tomorrow
    Digital Marketing Agency in Birmingham

    Comment


    • #3
      Here are some very intresting artikels about the legendary „Bärennase“😎
      http://studio-hifi.com/images/ATC75-150S_JeffBagby.pdf
      http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/ATC-SM75-150.htm

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by fr.jazbec View Post
        I think we should save some tests of ATC Speakers.
        Let‘s begin with some german tests.😉
        https://www.fairaudio.de/test/atc-sc...vlautsprecher/
        https://www.lowbeats.de/test-atc-scm...er-als-passiv/
        And an old one, because this is exactly the speaker I use😍
        http://studio-hifi.com/images/Stereo...L_TowerFF-.pdf
        At the end a collection of tests from ATC components
        http://www.audiostereo.ro/ATC_reviews.html
        Hope your having fun with the tests of the best audio components in the world.😁

        I love this Thanks for sharing

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fr.jazbec View Post
          I think we should save some tests of ATC Speakers.
          Let‘s begin with some german tests.😉
          https://www.fairaudio.de/test/atc-sc...vlautsprecher/
          https://www.lowbeats.de/test-atc-scm...er-als-passiv/
          And an old one, because this is exactly the speaker I use😍
          http://studio-hifi.com/images/Stereo...L_TowerFF-.pdf
          At the end a collection of tests from ATC components
          http://www.audiostereo.ro/ATC_reviews.html
          Hope your having fun with the tests of the best audio components in the world.😁

          Many thanks for sharing these latest reviews. The last review in regard to ATC Compact System reflects to my conclusions when I heard it driving ATC SCM40 speakers at Bristol HiFi Show. That was the system I so wanted but its so expensive....!

          Comment


          • #6
            I wonder if the speakers sold in Germany still have the discrete amps by default as used to be the case.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Dogill View Post
              I wonder if the speakers sold in Germany still have the discrete amps by default as used to be the case.
              Has there anything changed in amplification?
              I just had an offer to change my Seas tweeter into ATC tweeter and the only change at the electric was to change the phasing at the x-over.

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by fr.jazbec View Post

                Has there anything changed in amplification?
                I just had an offer to change my Seas tweeter into ATC tweeter and the only change at the electric was to change the phasing at the x-over.
                No but in the UK only the SE ( and the old anniversary ) models have the better "discrete" amp packs . In Germany all the big active speakers were sold with the discrete amps.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Dogill View Post

                  No but in the UK only the SE ( and the old anniversary ) models have the better "discrete" amp packs .
                  Oh, I don‘t know this. Witch sort of amp do the others use?

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Here is a review of Hegel H190 with ATC SCM40

                    https://www.hfc.com.pl/test/3254,hegel-h190.html

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      New review of the old SCM19 v1. Not positive but thorough measurements.

                      https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...-review.14519/
                      Last edited by 9radua1; 07-22-2020, 08:30 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by 9radua1 View Post
                        New review of the old SCM19 v1. Not positive but thorough measurements.

                        https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...-review.14519/
                        What do the ATC aficionados think about this review? It‘s particularly bothersome as I own exactly the ATC SCM19s v1!

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Because I'm from Germany I have problems to get (understand)the test in all.
                          First thing that catches my attention is the 5 foot high measure platform.
                          Everybody who has this speaker at that height in his listening room, hands up.
                          After a short time the test was to technical for me with to much diagrams.
                          So the seconds thing I asked myself, has the tester still ears or only a microphones?
                          Maybe I go over it, but I miss the circumstances of the room the test was made in.
                          Sure, a speaker should have a good frequency response , but to reduce all to that?
                          Speakers are made for people not for microphones,
                          that is what a aficionado would say, who admitted that he won't get the test in all and don't read it completely!

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by Mariner View Post
                            Because I'm from Germany I have problems to get (understand)the test in all.
                            First thing that catches my attention is the 5 foot high measure platform.
                            Everybody who has this speaker at that height in his listening room, hands up.
                            After a short time the test was to technical for me with to much diagrams.
                            So the seconds thing I asked myself, has the tester still ears or only a microphones?
                            Maybe I go over it, but I miss the circumstances of the room the test was made in.
                            Sure, a speaker should have a good frequency response , but to reduce all to that?
                            Speakers are made for people not for microphones,
                            that is what a aficionado would say, who admitted that he won't get the test in all and don't read it completely!
                            I do agree, it‘s a lot of technical gobbledygook that I do not understand fully. I was somewhat bothered by the frequency response inasmuch as the region between 600 to 5000 Hz seems to be boosted by almost 10 dB. This really caught my eye.
                            But you are right, in the end what counts is the individual listening impression. Many people criticize this site by being merely technical, though in an expert way.
                            The review set me off a bit, I must agree, but I am just now listening to some albums and I do like what I am hearing!

                            Comment


                            • #16
                              SailorZH

                              Trust your ears and don't give that much what other people say! 😁
                              Don't let them rob your joy in your listening room!

                              Comment


                              • #17
                                Originally posted by SailorZH View Post

                                What do the ATC aficionados think about this review? It‘s particularly bothersome as I own exactly the ATC SCM19s v1!
                                I tried to read all 29 pages of that post but lost the will to live....

                                I am not sure how bad the measurements are or were, I am certainly no engineer. It would be nice if ATC could comment in some capacity, perhaps offer some context for the measurement data.

                                Regardless, the reviewer just did not get on well with them. This is fine, not everyone will like them for whatever reasons. And I do think from other reviews I’ve read that Amir is consistent in his approach.

                                I can understand if the review has perhaps ‘spooked’ you and if you are now questioning your speaker choice.

                                The thing is, I bet before the review - and likely for years - you have been getting lots of pleasure from listening to them. So keep enjoying and it sounds like you are!

                                Comment


                                • #18
                                  Originally posted by AlastairH View Post

                                  I tried to read all 29 pages of that post but lost the will to live....

                                  I am not sure how bad the measurements are or were, I am certainly no engineer. It would be nice if ATC could comment in some capacity, perhaps offer some context for the measurement data.

                                  Regardless, the reviewer just did not get on well with them. This is fine, not everyone will like them for whatever reasons. And I do think from other reviews I’ve read that Amir is consistent in his approach.

                                  I can understand if the review has perhaps ‘spooked’ you and if you are now questioning your speaker choice.

                                  The thing is, I bet before the review - and likely for years - you have been getting lots of pleasure from listening to them. So keep enjoying and it sounds like you are!
                                  The thread is somewhat daunting, indeed! And as a layman, I do not question the reviewer‘s expertise at all! My audio equipment got twice a devastating review at ASR: the first one was a review of the Devialet Expert 200 ant the second one recently of the SCM19 v1. According to the reviews, I should immediately buy an entirely different setup ! But, of course, I didn‘t!

                                  Interestingly, though, I guess there were a few ATC users (that‘s my guess) mentioning the SCM19s advantage of being a closed design. I do hate those over-driven speakers with a bass port firing straight at the wall and causing an oomph oomph oomph sound. I very much like the 19‘s lean sound!

                                  So all good! I am with the 19s and I am enjoying them truly!

                                  Comment


                                  • #19
                                    Originally posted by SailorZH View Post

                                    The thread is somewhat daunting, indeed!
                                    Scientifically, they don’t fit the curve that most prefer. And there’s a bit of midrange distortion. That is all. As you can see in the thread, many also agree that placed close to a wall, they perform just fine.

                                    Comment


                                    • #20
                                      While the test results may be an accurate analysis of that individual speaker, one wonders why Amir chose to examine a 7yr old speaker and what enquiries were made to ensure it was a representative sample?

                                      I don't have any experience with the SCM19 mk1 - I still own the mk2 version and it is an amazing sounding speaker.

                                      I think ASR is a valuable resource but its kind of ugly how the members swarm to a 'bad' review and relish piling on the criticism - most with no experience of the product or knowledge to properly understand the real world weight of the criticism.

                                      Comment

                                      Related Topics

                                      Collapse

                                      Topics Statistics Last Post
                                      Started by SailorZH, 08-17-2020, 04:48 PM
                                      6 responses
                                      0 views
                                      3 likes
                                      Last Post SailorZH  
                                      Started by fr.jazbec, 08-04-2020, 08:37 PM
                                      0 responses
                                      0 views
                                      2 likes
                                      Last Post fr.jazbec  
                                      Started by Garfield, 07-15-2020, 04:15 PM
                                      0 responses
                                      0 views
                                      2 likes
                                      Last Post Garfield  
                                      Started by fr.jazbec, 10-18-2020, 11:59 AM
                                      2 responses
                                      0 views
                                      1 like
                                      Last Post fr.jazbec  
                                      Started by Mariner, 08-02-2020, 08:13 PM
                                      1 response
                                      0 views
                                      2 likes
                                      Last Post Bulldog
                                      by Bulldog
                                       
                                      Working...
                                      X